How to choose the right size online
Posted on June 05 2018
Online shopping has seen extreme growth over the last few years and it's no wonder considering how convenient it is!
As parents the last thing we want to do is drag a screaming toddler through the shops. Ain't nobody have time to deal with 500 toddler meltdowns and that's just getting ready to leave the house.
So of course you will turn to online shopping. It's even better when you can do it when the kids are finally in bed, you're in your pj's with a glass of wine in hand. #WeWontJudge
However, not being able to see and measure out the size of the garments can sometimes prove to be a tricky.
Here are a few tips that will make your life that little bit easier:
1. Unless otherwise stated in the product description choose the size that your little one is currently wearing. So if he wears a size 2 choose a size 2.
2. Be sure to carefully read the product descriptions. They usually have a size chart as a guide. To be extra sure you can grab a measuring tape and compare the sizes against one of your existing items in your child's wardrobe.
3. Also pay attention to any notes in the description alerting you to whether the sizing is smaller than normal or slightly more generous and choose your size accordingly.
4. If you are unsure it's always better to size up. Your child can always grow into something if it is too big, but they will never be able to wear it if it is already too small.
5. When shopping for babies (under 1) sizing up is a good idea. Unless you want them to wear that outfit straight away chances are in a couple of months your little bubba who was wearing a size 3-6 months is now a size 6-12 months in a matter of weeks.
One final tip
6. Be sure to check out the store's returns policy before you make your purchase to make sure you aware of their exchange/return procure which will in-turn any disappointments.